Windgather Press is a growing list of over fifty titles on landscape history, archaeology, garden history and the history of plants. Currently the majority of titles are geographically concentrated on the UK and Europe but we welcome proposals on North American subjects. A Windgather Press book is beautifully produced with plenty of colour illustrations, and reasonably priced. Publishing with Windgather Press can offer:
• Copy-editing of your manuscript
• High production standards
• Helpful and efficient editorial and production team
• Fast turnaround time (8-10 months from receipt of manuscript)
• Excellent worldwide marketing and distribution (as part of the Oxbow Books list)
• Simultaneous print and e-book publication
How to submit a proposal to Windgather Press
Please follow the guidelines below. All proposals should be sent to Oxbow’s head of publishing Julie Gardiner, preferably by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Please include the following information:
• Title and author/s
• A summary (up to one page), including background to the project
• List of contents and brief chapter summaries
• The introduction (if there is one) and a sample chapter
• Proposed timetable for submission of manuscript
• Word count (approximate is fine), not including tables; please not that the maximum accepted word count for Windgather Press publications is 100,000 words.
• Number of black and white illustrations (approximate is fine)
• Number of colour illustrations (approx) and type (eg photo, map, drawing, charts/graphs)
• Any competing titles and proposed readership
• Other relevant information such as grants available, a conference, event or other deadline that the book should be published in time for, and particular groups or organisations which it is particularly relevant for/could be marketed to
• CVs or biographical information
If we think your proposal is suitable, it may be sent for external review (and we may ask for the complete manuscript before making a definite commitment), a process which can take up to 2-3 months.